top of page

What is a U Visa?

Updated: Apr 17, 2022

The U Visa is for victims of certain crimes. Not all crimes qualify so the first step is to have an immigration attorney review the report to see if it is a crime that qualifies. It is required that the victim has suffered physically or emotionally. The victim also must cooperate with the police or prosecutors. The person who committed the crime does not need to arrested or convicted in order to qualify. It also does not matter how long it's been since the crime occurred, but it is best not to let too much time pass. If your child (citizen or undocumented) was the victim of a crime, you may also qualify for a U Visa. It does not have to be a police report. It can also be a report to another government agency; for example, the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS). I have worked on U visa cases since 2007. If you or your children were victims of a crime, call me for a consultation so I can review the report AND I can see if you qualify for a U Visa or other immigration options. If you don't have the police report, we can get it. We are here to support you. Call here to make your appointment. * Appointments available Monday through Saturday, by phone or video call.

Telefono: 3109877172

*Hay cobro.

This is general information and not legal advice. For advice, consult an immigration attorney.

64 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


  • Whatsapp
bottom of page